Thursday, October 7, 2021

Cinematography

 Now cinematography was a interesting and fun topic to go over. We learned so much about all the different shots and all. It was all just fun. Cinematography is the arrangements of shots and the footage. Cinematography is all the different types of shots that the film makers uses. I personally like cinematography cause it shows how all these shots are different but have a meaning.

There are a lot of shots being taken during a movie. There's long shots, medium shot, handheld shots, and more. By using the glossary format my teacher set up for me. I was able to take nots and categorize all the shots and what there used for . Long shots are wide and shows characters face to bottom showing his place in the setting. Over shots are lookin down. This is used to make the character look small and lack power. Handheld shots is a camera movement when the person is holding the camera. Its used to try and show a sense of reality and anxiety. It gives off a shaky P.O.V but ill get more into this later. 

In class once we learned about cinematography we did a shot project. Where me and my classmates had to take shots of each other. It was pretty fun as I took long shot and close ups. The project was fun and as we went through it. We had to separate the photos and find examples of them. It was pretty cool doing the project though. Since there's a lot of different types of shots it took some time to finish it but we got the job done. 




I learned a lot about cinematography. At first i didn't really think there were so many types of shots. But as i learned i feel like i understand cinematography a lot better now. I really want to know more about camera movement though. 

I used the powerpoint from canvas in the modules for my research. Also my notes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

                      Creative Critical Reflection