Friday, October 8, 2021

Mise-en-Scene

 At first I thought Mise-en-Scene was just some type of play. Like a scenery by nah  realized that i was deeply wrong. Mise-en-scene the arrangement of scenery and stage properties in a play. It shows the overall look and feel to though the scene. As we learned I started to understand more and more about Mise-en-scene. 

we took lots of notes about Mise-en-scene. I realized quickly that this was a important topic as I took notes. There two major components to Mise-en-scene. The design and the Composition. The design is the look, props, lighting, and the actors. The composition is the organization, distribution, balance, and general relationship of actors and objects. This showed me how Mise-en-scene really affects how we think about the story and characters. I notes that elements in the settings helps show the time and place of the story. When I read mise-en-scene. I learned that i have to focus on the props, characters, set, and lighting. when you analyze media you got to say what you see, like describe what everything looks. Then consider the purpose of the scene. Now try and get into the mind of the producer. Ask questions. Then lastly consider the alternative. 

In Class i had a project where I had to a shot using Mise-en-scene. We had to make a shot using Mise-en-scene. I had fun as i made a scene or setting with toy cars and stuff. My setting was supposed to be a mine cart set by using toy ars and rocks and cotton. By using the lighting I somewhat got what i wanted. 


Mise-en-scene opened my eyes towards how props can be easily used to give some type of meaning. I learned how everything in the set should be questioned. The lighting, props, characters, etc. All of it should be analyzed when you read Mise-en-scene. Mise-en-scene was a interesting topic to learn about.

The evidence I used was my notes, the PowerPoint from Ms. Landis canvas, and more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

                      Creative Critical Reflection